Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
bighempin
Welcome! it is good to see you here. I know that you have been reading this thread and will continue to enjoy the plethora, wealth, of information therein. The Panel is here to assist and help you along on your Audio journey. From my end, it is a pleasure to find a budding Audiophile that is interested in our wonderful hobby. You have covered much ground in a very short period of time. Traveling to the various dealers/retailers is key to discovering the brands of gear that peaks interest.  Thank You for jumping in as a contributor.  I look forward in reading more about your musical tastes as we build your next system.

Happy Listening!
jacksky

Welcome! the party here never ends.  Good to read that we have another CS5i owner. Tom offers excellent advice on this speaker's proper placement. What other gear including cabling is in your system?
I look forward in reading more about you and your Audio journey.

Happy Listening!

See what happens when you pull them out to 5' behind them.
Yeah, I was thinking it would be interesting to have that dining room as the front wall.
@bighempin:  If you are ever in Atlanta you are more than welcome to listen to my 2.4's on my Pass Labs (power amp) / Aesthetix Calypso/Janus preamp system.  Amplification is tremendously important especially with the Thiels which are a bit finicky.  I also like the PS Audio gear (I have their Directstream as my dac).  Let me know if you're in town and interested and we'll set it up.
Tomthiel,
thanks for your advice.
I am using Bryston 7b monoblocks.
i don’t think power is the problem but I will change the Parallel/series mode setting so they double down in the 2ohm loads.  will let you know if that changes anything. Then I’ll pull them out when my wife is not home just to hear what happens. You are asking for a lot - 5ft!! 
Jafant,
rest of my system is OPPO 105d, Technics SL-1600MKII with Shure V15 cartridge, Bryston BP20 preamp, Monster HTS3600 power center, Grover Huffman Empress silver speaker cables and Siltech connects.  Most of my listening is streaming through Tidal.

i will say this: I am pleased the speakers sound great even at low volume. That was one of the glaring shortcomings in my previous speakers, Egglestonworks Andra.