Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
Unsound - good horses keep living and living. Your judicious explication reminds me of a general theme which our Goners might enjoy. Thiel presented a peculiar problem for many retailers, including Innovative Audio. Retailers make packages. Those packages follow guidelines or rules. In the day it went something like one third budget for source, a third for amplification and a third for speakers. Give or take a lot. Thiel comes along and the formula crumbles because Thiel rarely sounds very good with an equally priced amp, and someone with twice the amp budget is inclined to believe that a speaker at twice the price of Thiel is better for him/her. (Most often him - often her perspective permitted the Thiel, damn the formula.)

Jim had no patience for what he considered such illogical behavior. His formula was that lower prices make easier sales. He also fought to lower prices, especially at product introduction, with unrealistic and ill-founded ideas of how costs would fall as production rose. In fact the opposite was true, but that’s a different story. But the fallout was that just as the retailers settled into their Thiel pricing / presentation strategy, the prices would rise significantly to the consternation of many dealers. The joys of sales rival those of manufacturing. LOL.

Audio Consultants in Chicago broke the mold splendidly. They set up Thiels in multiple rooms spread over multiple stores so that customers could hear $2500 speakers driven by $10,000 amps and understand that the whole budget was well spent. AC was our top dealer year after year.

From 1996 to 2004 I had CS .5 speakers paired with an ADS A2 integrated amp.  It was a decent and highly enjoyable combination. 
Then my ADS A2 gave up the ghost after some 20 years of faithful service. Simon, the owner of Audio Consultants suggested a used four year old Bryston 3BST as a replacement.  Turns out I really didn't know what I had until the Bryston amp together with a Bryston preamp replaced the ADS A2.  What I then heard from the CS .5 speakers was an absolute revelation.
@prof  Which CJ amp are you running?  I have used Bryston 3BST and 7BST's and heard the same thing.  The Krell FBI has all of the advantages of SS while not leaning toward the "thinner, flatter, more icy in tone and texture".

I use the CJ Premier 12 monoblocks (140W/side).Tube richness but with power, grip, control and nothing "slow" about the sound.

Michael Fremer truly nailed the sound in this review:

https://www.stereophile.com/tubepoweramps/653/index.html