Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

jlm86

Welcome! Good to see you here today. There has never been a better time to purchase Thiel loudspeakers. Watch here, eBay and U.S. Audiomart on a regular basis for models- CS 2.3 or 3.6. I look forward in reading more abut your Musical tastes and System.

Happy Listening!

@jim86, The Aragon 4004 MkII might not be an ideal candidate for either the Thiel CS 3.6 or Thiel 2.3.:

Aragon 4004 Dual Mono Power Amplifier Manual | HiFi Engine

Thiel CS3.6 loudspeaker Measurements | Stereophile.com

Thiel CS2.3 Loudspeaker Measurements | Stereophile.com

If you want to drive these Thiel's you would be better off with an amp with a rated current capability to output at least 400 Watts into 2 Ohms.

If you want to stick with the Aragon 4004 MK II, perhaps you might be better off with Thiels that have a 4 Ohm or higher minimum impedance.

When you say you ..."Would like to find a tube amp with remote voloume control...(Yes, I know)"... Do your mean a pre-amp or line stage?

I have the chance to buy a pair of mint condition SCS4T and I wonder if someone can share some users experiences.

I have a small dedicated listening room (190 sq feet) and perhaps it can work in such small space.

Thanks.