Time For a CD Player Upgrade

I've been using a Rega Saturn Mk 2.  I recently upgraded my turntable to the Mark Levinson 5105 w/ the Ortofon Quintet Black S.  In comparison my CD's are sounding overly bright.   Any thoughts on a comparable upgrade to my CD listening?  My budget is about $4000-5000, new or used.  The Hegel Viking looks interesting.  Any recommendation for an upgrade will be appreciated. 

mellowshifi

Stretch it a bit more for the REGA ISIS VALVE cdp/dac pre-owned if you elect to  go all in one

I’d use the Rega as a transport and get a Denafrips Hermes DDC and run i2S from it into a Denafrips Pontus 15th DAC — both would only set you back $3200 and be a big improvement in the direction you’re looking to go.  Just one idea, and best of luck. 

I love my Meridians. They’ve depreciated a lot (fell out of vouge especially since the MQA thing), and you can get an 808v5 or v6 in you budget. They’re definitely not bright, and can hang with a good vinyl setup. As an added bonus they have digital inputs and can be used as a DAC. Their preamp functionality is pretty good, too.

@jayctoy Right on. I have had my Marantz SA.-KI Ruby SACD player since very soon after they were available for purchase.  Digital accuracy but with a detailed yet musical rightness.  In other words no digital glare due to upper midrange lower treble emphasis. Sounds as close to the sonic signature of good vinyl as I have yet heard from any digital source. It mates very well with Cardas Audio interconnects.

almost any moderately priced DAC will outperform the DAC in a CD player.  The DAC is the heart of the digital system so there is room for much research and choice.  I highly recommend a transport plus DAC.