TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Thank you for the welcome Hchi.

I'm replacing a Cary 303/200 which was ok but its highish output didn't agree with my Pathos Classic 1 mk2 integrated. Rounding out the rest of my rig are Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors, Harmonic Technology Pro Silway III balanced interconnects and HT Pro9+ speaker wires.

Pardales, I specifically asked Paul that question (because I think someone else mentioned it here earlier) and he told me that there was no separate break-in for CD and Redbook.

As of last night, it was sounding quite good with only a handful of hours. Lots of detail . . . not in a tiresome way but more like a "you-are-there" sense.
Breaking the cycle is a good idea. That is how I am breaking in my TRL modded DAC. I usually run it 48 hours, then shut it down a day, then start the cycle over again. It should take about a month to fully break in this way.
Pardales
"Do I still need to break in CD and SACD seperately"

I believe I asked that very question to either Paul or Brian, can't remember which at this point, and the answer was yes. What ever you do - you'll enjoy it.

best.

Paul
"I believe I asked that very question to either Paul or Brian, can't remember which at this point, and the answer was yes."

Hmmm . . . curious.
M3pilot

I believe that there are 2 seperate circuits, SACD and CD, which need to be broken in. I'm surely not an electrical engineer, so any questions beyond that should be directed to the guys at TRL.

hope this helps