Truly Stunning Vinyl Album

Hey friends, I'm relatively new here, first topic post but I read Audiogon topics daily. I'm a total neophyte with a not-inexpensive mid-fi system (Rogue Cronus iii Dark amp, Michel Gyro SE TT, Maggie 3.7i speakers, and a single Perlisten D15s sub, and an Eversolo DMP A8 streamer), and a growing vinyl collection that I'm partial to over streaming (unless I'm working and can't bother to flip the record). I love classic rock, Neil Young, the Stones, and the Grateful Dead, but really I like almost all genres (not into rap or thrasher metal) and since setting up my system I routinely play jazz and classical albums, and artists I never paid much attention to but now listen to quite frequently because their albums sound great on my system (e.g. Jethro Tull, Santana). So with all of that context, what I'm interested in is any TRULY STUNNING vinyl albums you can recommend, in any genre. I'm not asking for a desert island list, or any list of your favorite albums. I have those lists too, but they're dominated by musicians/groups I love and aren't necessarily "stunning" beyond my own subjective tastes. I'm interested in hearing about the one or two albums in your collection that just blow you away for whatever reason (and please explain). I'll kick it off with the Impex reissue of chamber music by Jascha Heifetz in mono, called The Lark. If you had told me that one of the top 3 records in my collection would be a mono chamber music album, I'd have laughed you out of my house. But it just blows me away. I listen to it daily. Why does it blow me away? Mostly it's the opening piece, Heifetz and an organist playing Vitali's Chaconne. It starts off with somber organ tones that I feel in my soul thanks to the Perlisten D15s sub, and then all of a sudden Heifetz comes crashing in with his piercing violin, and it is so darn stunning and beautiful I could listen to it daily until they plant me. And I don't even have a mono cartridge!  So that's the type of album I'm looking for, in any genre. Something younwould play for anyone, and regardless of what genre they prefer, they would likely agree this album is truly stunning. Can you recommend anything like that? And in case you're interested, here's a great review of the Heifetz album: 

https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/music-reviews/jascha-heifetz-the-lark/

Thanks for any recommendations!

phillyspecial

I would like to add that anyone who has 3.7 Maggies does not have "mid fi" sound.  Do not let the 1%  intimidate you, you have high quality sound.

That said, four albums stand out for me as a recommendation.  They are diverse,

Janis Joplin - Cheap Thrills

Dave Brubeck - Take Five

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Allman Brothers Band - Live at the Fillmore

I would also add my own bias, I have owned 3.6 Maggies for almost 20 years and they are magical.  Everyone has different tastes and ears, but my gear chasing ended when I had my Maggies dialed in.  I hope you have Mye stands as they are a game changing inexpensive tweak.

Depeche Mode "Ultra" vinyl album

David Bowie "Earthling" vinyl album. There's a reissue on MOVLP cheaper otherwise it's nearly 4-figure vinyl. 

I know there is a lot of anger over Mo-Fi’s use of digital steps in the making of it’s ultra premium One-Step records.  But, many of them are really great sounding so it is not the case that digital ruins recorded music.  If you have a chance to acquire these records, you should not pass them up.

That said, four albums stand out for me as a recommendation. They are diverse,

Janis Joplin - Cheap Thrills

Dave Brubeck - Take Five

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Allman Brothers Band - Live at the Fillmore

There are literally hundreds of versions of some of these records. Some may be superb, some not so much. For instance there are 331 vinyl versions of "Time Out" listed on Discogs. (I assume that is what was meant instead of "Take Five") Since it is in the public domain it is being released by numerous labels such as Wax Time and DOL using dubious sources. It has been released several times at 45 rpm including a Classic Records version that is on 4 single sided discs. So some are obviously much better than others. If you google "Aqualung" there is much discussion of the various versions with the general consensus being that while some are better than others, and some are not good at all, none of them are "truly stunning."

My point is, naming popular titles where some releases are "truly stunning" but many are not without pointing to the particular releases that are the best of the lot, doesn’t really add to the conversation.