Turntable advice

Hello everyone, I’m looking to buy my first turntable and want to get some advice about two specific turntables that I’m looking at. I can get both of these for a similar cost, so I’m looking for opinions on which way I should go. First, my current system consists of Rockport Cygnus, McIntosh mc1.25kw’s, McIntosh c2700 (will be used as phono stage at the start), dcs Bartok apex for digital, Cardas clear reflection cables (not power), rel no 31 pair of subs and torus power units. 

The tables that I’m down to (unless I choose to not spend as much out the gate) are a VPI Avenger Plus, most likely with a Hana ML cartridge and a Pure Fidelity Harmony with the illustrious se Tonearm and either the same cart or potentially the stratos cartridge. 

If I go this route, I’d like something that could eventually get more out of upgrades cartridges or tonearms down the road. Any advice or thoughts would be helpful, especially if you have experience with both. Thanks in advance!

128x128dan_springer

Perhaps you should also consider the latest SOTA Cosmos and Millenia turntables.  These tables provide bulletproof construction, isolation that is second to none, and common sense value for the money.  Go to sotaturntables.com for more information.

Probably late to the game, but I received my Pure Fidelity Harmony a week ago & love it. They just started offering it with the Audio  Origami arm & I prefer it to the Illustrious that I initially received (had an issue & had to be replaced). This is a significant upgrade to my previous TT the Gold Note Valore 425 plus with Hana SL MC.

I got the VPI Avenger rim drive so I could use multiple arms.  I later upgraded my VPI arms to  Schroeder CB-L (VDH GC cart), Schlick (SPUs), 4point (all other carts incl mono).  VPI is a long established company, and with the son Matt running it I’d expect continued longevity.