Turntable Placement Between Speakers with Short Interconnect?

I am considering purchasing a VPI Prime 21 Plus turntable, but I am uncertain where it will live. I have only two options: On a solid heavy wood stand between my 803 D2 B&W speakers along with my Gryphon Diablo 300 amp, with a 2 ft interconnect, or 3 ft to the right of my right speaker, with a 8ft interconnect.

I hear that it is bad to place turntables between the speakers, but I also hear that long interconnects are bad. Are either of my options acceptable? Of note, my Gryphon amp has a phono module installed in it.

I do have the option to install a wall stand for the turntable in either location, but obviously it would then place the turntable against the wall behind my speakers…. which may be bad? Looking for any advice!

I should also say I only listen at moderate volumes.

nyev

Equipment in the middle effecting imaging? That’s really a visual issue to overcome.

It’s essentially ALL in your head, there are no sound waves in the middle.

Close your eyes, get the image of stuff in the middle out, there you have it.

Have a look at my last photo with the little christmas tree right in the middle. It’s not blocking any sound waves, it’s up to me to ignore what I see and go with what my brain puts together from any mix of l/r in/out of phase, timing tricks .... anything any engineer can come up with using zero center sound waves!

Thanks, and yes I think I will start with the TT connected beside my amp to see if I have any issue first.

I did a subjective vibration test using bass heavy tracks with the volume cranked (which I don’t do during normal listening), and testing for vibration and bass resonance at various locations.  I did find that the outer sides of the speakers the bass and any vibration was far less noticeable than from in the middle between the speakers.  My guess is that in the middle you have an additive effect to the low frequencies from both speakers, instead of just one on the outer sides of each speaker.  So, I don’t think it is all psychological… 

If you take the questionable advice of Elliot, to the effect that worrying about IC length is BS, at least be sure to purchase cables with the lowest capacitance possible.  Capacitance, not "quality", should be the determining factor.  I might suggest AntiCables as a company that makes very low capacitance, and good sounding, phono cables.  Also, using balanced ICs is a waste of money unless the phono stage inside your integrated is also a balanced design.

From my experience I know that even line level interconnects sound vastly inferior if too long…. 

That’s why IF my center placed turntable has an issue with that location and needed to be moved off to one side and further away, I will be using an XLR interconnect that will be needed to connect the phono stage to my amp’s balanced inputs.

If you are planning to introduce an outboard standalone phono stage, as your last post suggests, then it too should be a balanced circuit internally, if you want to take advantage of a balanced connection to your amplifiers.  Using XLR-terminated cables alone, vs RCA, will not help much.