Tympani 1A's and AMPLIFICATION.

I have a pair of  Maggie Tympani 1A's and was wondering what people have used for amplification, SS or Tubes or whatever.  I believe they were originally paired with Audio Research amps.  Does anyone have experience with different types of amplification with these speakers.  I am currently using a Krell KAV 300I.  These speakers are 8 ohm.
128x128dpetri
The more power the better! The T-1’s were often bi-amped in the 70’s, with a high-powered amp for the two bass panels, and a moderate one for the m/t panel. There is a lot of discussion on this topic on the Planar Speaker Asylum and MUG (Magnepan Users Group) sites.
yes, Maggie & ARC are not just neighbors but have been incestuous neighbors

more recently, Magneplanar has used Bryston amps - at least at shows

someone will mention the Sanders magtech, which is designed for electrostatics, not maggies (tho it is fine and will do a good job)

The more modern maggies need high current delivery into 4 ohms (they are not a complex impedance like electrostatics) - and likely yours are the same - owners manual should tell you this

so, it isn't really power per se - it is high current delivery into 4 ohms

got it?

AFAIK, the new Benchmark AHB2 at $3,000 will be an xlnt choice - and they have a return privilege.  There may be better SQ with a $10k Bryston, etc. - you'd need to check

BUT rather than spend uber-dollars on an amp, just buy the new 207 speakers
I don’t know about the Tympani 1A but the 1D I had loved biger model Krell type power.

Pity there were never any impedance vs -phase angle graphs done on these, I think then that will lead you to the right amplification.

Cheers George