Upgrade from DeVore Gibbon X

I have happily owned these speakers for about 6 years now; during this time I have patiently upgraded my front end, with the Gibbons successfully conveying each upgrade.  While I am very happy with my current system, I am now wondering if a speaker upgrade is in order.  I am interested in some input from anyone who has upgraded from the Gibbon X or someone who has had significant time comparing these speakers to other offerings.  Wilson Sasha DAWS? Magico? I am running an all VAC front end (100W/ch) in a 17 X 19 room.

post2338

you will not like the borrenson they are much more hifi sounding the devores

look at Qln and Legacy the legacys have a bit more detail then Devores they are smooth yet detailed have a huge soundstage very deep bass and incredible dynamics and are very efficient

Dave and Troy

audio intellect NJ

legacy dealer

Many options depending on your existing gear and personal biases.

If it were me, I would take a look at a used pair of Joseph Audio Pearls. Excellent price point / performance option. Consistently "best in show" awards (recently Axpona 24), rave reviews and very happy owners. Recall seeing a pair recently for sale in the $25K range. Don’t know if it is the legacy or the current grahene model. Jeff uses Doshi in show demos so might want to do some homework if you pursue this recommendation. Can’t imagine your VACS not matching well.

Had the Pulsars with a REL sub for the last six years. Very musically engaging and a "listen to hours" type sound. Most folks who own JA speakers would agree. That’s why you do not see this brand for sale on a frequent basis.

Good luck.

I upgraded from the Gibbon X to Fyne Audio F1-12. The F1-10 is more size friendly if that’s a concern. 

I would definitely consider the new O Bronze as well.