USB reclocker pecking order?

Opinions on what the pecking order, best market options are for USB reclockers to a DAC via fiber optic or coax SPDIF? I've seen comments on the Hi Face (~$180), the Hiface EVO (~$500) and the OffRamp (~$800) Had the MusicStreamer II for a while but as I improved the music server my modded Adcom DAC won out for musical ease.
I've stripped my PC music server into a lean, sweet kernel streaming machine (6.7 on windows user experience rating), but I can still hear edge/grit in the highs on various sound card SPDIF sources from my PC that I don't get direct from CD source.

Is there any clear winner for $500 or less that would make a difference at 48Khz? Or am I possibly picking the wrong priority to resolve?
128x128davide256
What are you doing at 48kHz? CD rips are 44.1kHz.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Halidge Designs Bridge seems to be the current favourite under $500 at Computer Audiophile. Got one myself.
48khz is the upper limit of the DAC I have. Will eventually replace it with a 192khz DAC for PC audio but I don't want a DAC choice limited by its USB capabilities, when a reclocker could widen my options. Plus SACD can't be digitally output to a DAC, and as you pointed out CD's are 44.1Khz.
Get an async USB DAC and then you don't need reclockers. USB can handle 192Khz easily.
There is a USB to SPDIF converter comparison in a recent issue of Positive Feedback Online. An interesting option is the unit from Audiophilleo, which can be connected directly to your DAC, avoiding the use of a SPDIF cable. (The Halide Bridge does this, too, but you are stuck with the Bridge's built-in USB cable.)

Wavelength also has a converter for $900.