What difference do power cables make?

I’m considering a purchase (about $1000) that will include a power distribution box and a couple of very good cables to service my power amp and subwoofer..

For those who have upgraded power cables, how you would describe the sound quality difference in your system?

Do you feel that it was worth the additional investment?

128x128imaninatural

I "upgraded" cables for amp and SACD player. Zero difference. Except I had less money.

As for power regenerators, I'm always recommending caution.  I just purchased the predecessor to your PP12--the PP10.  The PP10 is 80 lbs of copper and heavy circuitry.  It does not limit current to the amp and I have my amp plugged into it.  Your pp12 is probably the same.  However, I saw a thread where someone asked Paul McG about PP10 vs PP12 and he did say the PP10 doesn't have all the cool new features of the PP12 but may be slightly better for an amp.  I can say that I am very confident that the PP10 does not limit the amp.  PS audio power plants rectify the current and then invert it.  They have one hell of a quality inverter.  

The PP10 has an IEC connector so I use a 10 awg generic power cord to feed it.  I have a dedicated 10 awg circuit that I installed in my wall.

The PP10 has a built in Oscilloscope.  It is measuring 5% thd most evenings on teh power coming in.  

Jerry

+2  @steakster / @facten    Some will always believe almost everything in Hi End Audio is "snake oil" a 40 year old Adcom amp with some repaired Goodwill 12 inch 3 ways is near SOTA!  IMO fear is holding most of them back which will forever keep them in mid fi purgatory.