What does a bad tweeter sound like?

Can anyone describe the sound....could it be louder than normal?
128x128stringreen
Stringreen.  So do you think the tweeter problem is due to the exhausted energy of the batteries? I have a pair of Vandersteen Treo CT's with a 2Wq sub. I have the premium M5-HP crossovers which are required to run the sub in my system. I guess what I am saying is, am I going to run into this kind of problem when the batteries run down? What confuses me even further is the batteries have a 2019 exp. date from their factory and Vandersteen writes a 2022 exp. date on them with a sharpie. So is my battery life two more years or five???
Mr_M.....don’t think so, the batteries need to be changed in 2019 also (so marked)... Neither does Richard V. When the batteries exhaust, everything still plays, but with less dynamics, etc....it sounds like the speaker has to be broken in again. The difference is so gradual, you’ll never know there is a difference at all .. After battery replacement, within seconds it sounds pristine...... still sleuthing around.... I send the stuff to Vandersteen a bit before the batteries are due (the written in year that Vandersteen puts on them). Note that battery design has changed in the last years, so lithiums might be in your future. Don’t try to change the batteries yourself....its a ticklish soldering job.