What is it about spinning vinyl?

I just turned the system off several minutes ago. I had been listening to a great, high res file of Tower of Power, best horn section ever. As many know I have been sans turntable for 8 months. I sold my old one and ordered a new one but you know the story. Covid delays. It is under construction now.  Anyway, as I turned the system off I got this real urge to play a record. The wizard inside did not feel like turning the computer back on. It wanted a record. Grumpy, I decided to hit the sack. 
Think about that. I have a terabyte and a half of digital files sitting there in a hard drive.  Everything from Bach to Captain Beefheart. It had to be a record. No record, bedtime. It was not about the music. It was about the mechanical act of playing a record. I've been doing it since I was four years old. My dad got me a Zenith portable for my fourth birthday. You know, with the black cobra tonearm complete with eyes! Is it just repetitive behavior. Perhaps there is some sort of psychological explanation. Happy associations? Platter hypnosis? Maybe it is that we get emotionally attached to certain behaviors. 
128x128mijostyn
Personally I think you just need to sit back dim the lights and dive into the sounds, I’m tetraplegic and the digital process of listening to music is a game changer, no getting up n down etc (which I can’t do) so for me personally I love it digital. 
Two second with different time zones, are you kidding?😅. But time is an affliction anyway, thanks to Gregory Peckery who invented the calender. Evelyn of course was of the canine persuasion. Apparently related to Fido, the poodle 'with the oral appendage that was much to her liking'.
It's habit forming.
How many of we vinyl afficionados also prefer mechanical clocks and wristwatches and cars with carburettors and stick shifts?
I have two big old clocks, many watches and four 70s cars as well as the vinyl rig and 3500 LPs.
Modern stuff is soul-less.
@whart, it does call me out but there are long periods I can't make it to the web site. I'm too busy documenting BS for the bureaucrats so they can know all about your health history and hang you with it. It's Mike, the mi in mijostyn. You certainly know a lot more about obscure records than I do!

mrmeaner, good for you!. I have a 45 year old patient with muscular dystrophy. He is wheel chair confined but still has a little power in his hands, enough to operate the joy stick in a wheel chair van and on his wheel chair. He is recently retired from teaching music to middle schoolers. He is worse than a dead head when it comes to Rush. Digital is a godsend for him. The secret to a successful life is learning to have fun in spite of it. Then I've  had people with "bad backs" who want to go on disability. Bends my mind.

edgwear, who wore the "nackin's" ? I'd ask why but I think that's to graphic for these light weights:-)

clearthinker, wristwatches are artwork of an insane degree. The Apple watch is junk. I just sold my 911 Turbo S PDK. I have much more fun driving my 06 C4S manual. No more PDKs for me. Been there, done that.
Now GT3 vs GT4? What do you think?
You mean 'napkins'? Pink or black? At Warner Bros executive dinner parties? Mo Austin? Miss Pinky? I'm confused.