What is your "evaluation cd"?

I know every time I change a cable or componet, I have a "particular" cd that I play to evaluate the change. It may not be the best sounding cd I own, but it has some merit that I want to hear reflected in EVERY cd I play. What are yours??
trich727
The Sea and Cake "Fawn"
Marc Ribot "Los Cubanos Postivos"
Recently, Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"

All have electric and acoustic instruments, good soundstaging and great engineering.

-Karl
For enjoyment of a great recording, I also like to listen to my Burmester discs. However, this is not what I put on first when I upgrade. The first thing I do when I make a change in my system is get my wife, put her in the primary listening position and put on our wedding song. It's my way of saying thank you for tolerating my obsession. This is not an inexpensive hobby. While my wife certainly appreciates good sound much more than she had previously, I recognize that this is my hobby not hers. So maybe it's a bit corny, but I do appreciate the fact that she does not give me grief when I indulge myself.
I've been meaning to do what Ejlif has done, that is to burn a "compilation test disc" of my own. This disc may not even contain entire songs as there are small portions of songs that can tell you a WHOLE bunch of info very quickly. Using this approach, one could literally pick and choose "snippets" and compose one helluva disc that could assess an entire system in less than just a few minutes.

Obviously, this is another one of those "projects" on my things to do list... Sean
>
ABBA Gold
George Strait Greatest Hits Vol. 2
Barry White Greatest Hits
Motorhead Ace of Spades

If a high-end stereo can't be enjoyable on the "fun" music you like too, then what's the point? A stereo that sounds great only a handful of anal-retentive audiophile discs is a big bore. IMO of course...