What to put under my VAC AMP/ PREAMP??

What do you guys rec. to put under the amp/preamp- anyone have anything that works well( symposium shelves- some type of roller balls ) any thoughts would be appreciated- gary
bebop86
I already used a Golden Lion KT-88, from Genalex, Russian, and the sound it´s very deep, spacious, the bass very real, try these ones, i just paid a 100 bucks for each matched pair.
A realtively low cost isolation solution that works very well is a solid stand with rubber/cork squares on the shelf supporting a 2"maple block and Herbies Iso Cups (for tubes)of Herbies Footers (for SS/digital) on top of the block with the equipment resting the Iso Cup.
A late follow-up here, and not on the original topic...

Arthur, when I recieved my 300.1, the switches were in the Ultralinear position. It sounded great and I never tinkered with it...until last night that is.

I switched to triode before powering up and after listening for a while, trying a few different cd's, I found that I was not "getting into it" as I do in ultralinear. There definitely was a fatigue factor going on.

In triode, to my ears, the music sounded much "thinner" and lost some of its "sparkle."

I certainly would not say that triode sounded bad. But, it just did not sound as good as ultralinear, as my ears are very accustommed to.

I switched them back to ultra, and suspect that it may be a while before I feel the need to try triode again.
Thanks for the follow up Bchief! I have come to the same conclusion myself. I have been in Ultralinear for awhile now and have found just as you said Triode, while it still sounds great, seems just a bit thinner and less involving by comparison...happy listening!

BTW, on the topic of the thread, I have a few different types of footers coming in over the next couple weeks for under my Phi 300.1's...I'll report back on what I hear...