Whatever Happened To SAE?

I remember in the seventies walking into a Cal Stereo store in the LA area and seeing the SAE equipment. I was a college student back then and owned a reciever. The SAE stuff with it's black metal and white graphics looked sooo imposing and impressive. Amp, preamp, tuner and EQ all in one stack....man, if I could ever own something like that one day! By the time I could afford decent equipment, SAE has been long gone.

Was their stuff any good?

What happened to them?

thanks.......mitch
128x128mitch4t
I don't know what happened to SAE...did it not become ATI? I had some SAE gear years ago driving my DQ-10's...lots of meters, looked cool!...was not to impressed with the sound though, somewhat bright and cold sounding.

Dave
Shortly after I graduated college, I bought that huge rack of SAE components from my stereo buddy. It was like new condition and worlds beyond anything I could have imagined at the time. Cannot remember just how good the sound was, but I was thrilled to own it. I think I paid an "unreal" high price of $2000 cash for the entire rack. Some cables cost that these days - ha!
Yup, the Bongiorno-designed, Mk IIICM was a nice amplifier (before the black stuff).

Didn't they become ATI?