Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The above is to me as spartan and sparse as an early Dylan album only better sounding.  
Uh huh, needs a redux on deep dark black vinyl.  

Caitlin Canty
Motel Bouquet 

comin’ to town in duo with her husband Noam next spring.  Got us tickets in a rush.  
Now that I have some time with the MyMat (from our very own Slaw), I thought I would contribute my opinion on it.

First some details about the table it's on, as well as thoughts on the different mats I've used over the last few years.

Table specifics:
Platter
4" solid 6061 aluminum with quarter inch delrin bolted directly to the top

Stabilizer
450 grams in weight made primarily of aluminum with quartz inside it. The bottom is sound coat material. The top is plugged with Garolite, a cotton composite material  

Mat History & Opinion on MY table (How these sound on your table will probably vary):
>MooMat (Cowhide with cork backing) Nice euphoric midrange, heavy bass, top end is rolled off a little. Detail retrieval is lacking
>The Mat (cork) Very airy, Nice top end, Decent detail retrieval, Realistic bass. Midrange is good but something happens that is a little unnatural in the upper midrange... as if it raises it a bit
>Delrin is very good top to bottom but sounds a bit thin throughout. Very good detail retrieval and air
>Garolite discs over delrin. This combination was the best I heard top to bottom on my table prior to Slaw's MyMat. Great detail retrieval and less thin sounding than straight delrin 

Slaw's MyMat:
Best I've heard so far! This mat has better detail retrieval than the garolite/delrin combination & is not thin sounding in the least. It cleans up the top end in a way no mat I've used has. It doesn't roll anything off, just cleans it up so you can hear the minute details. The bass & midrange are beautiful & natural. This mat also allows the system to throw a more realistic soundstage... a little wider & deeper for sure, but instrument placement is it's forte. My opinion is that this is due primarily to the fact that his mat truly (& I mean truly) grips the vinyl. Well done Slaw!