Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@spiritofradio, not yet, my copy is on it’s way to me. I haven’t looked lately, but about a month ago there was a lot of chatter about the set on Steve Hoffman’s site. There are bound to be differences of opinion, and I expect to have conflicting reactions myself. The tapes were new when my original LP was pressed, they’re 50 years old now. The Band and producer John Simon did the mixes themselves in ’69, and I hope Bob Clearmountain has stayed close to the originals.

But back then it was common to filter the very low bass out of recordings, anticipating the then-current cartridges wouldn’t be able to track a groove cut too "hot". And solid state recording electronics were pretty new in ’69, though I don’t know if this album was recorded on older tube gear or the new ss. Compare the sound of Rubber Soul (tubes) to Revolver (solid state). I much prefer Rubber Soul.

I would buy this boxset regardless of sound quality, being a The Band completest. I still listen to their first two albums everyday (literally), just as some Jazz fans do Kind Of Blue. They still sound fresh, contemporary, and relevant, and I am still hearing or appreciating new things with every listen. They are a master class in how to be a Rock ’n’ Roll band, musician, singer, and/or songwriter. The rest of their catalog is pretty fine too ;-) .

Luckey Roberts & Willie Smith ‎- Luckey & The Lion: Harlem Piano (Good Time Jazz 1960)

Reading the back cover about these two great Harlem ticklers and their amazing lives makes me bittersweet about having a really boring life!
Sleepy LaBeef - Downhome Rockabilly 
Eric Clapton - From The Cradle
Asleep At The Wheel - Still The King

Yeah @slaw, that Andrew Gold album is a rarity---good music in good sound. It was one of the albums I used as material with which to audition speakers back in the 70’s.

Andrew created a really remarkable album (CD only) that is unlike any I have ever heard: Greetings From Planet Love, by The Fraternal Order Of The All. It is a send-up of psychedelia, really well done. It is to the genre as Spinal Tap is to it’s, but better. Musically delightful---authentic to a T, and great tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Also involved in the album was Graham Gouldman of 10CC.

I met and spoke with Andrew a couple of times in the late 90’s, by which time he had become a rather unpleasant fellow.