Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@geof3 re: Hold Your Fire. Actually SQ not really better on vinyl than the digital. One of the very rare legitimately issued records I’d ever say that about. In fact, I only know about 3. One of the other ones is Pat Metheny “Secret Story”.  

Probably some albums with good production were just recorded with digital in mind. Or the vinyl master wasn’t done well. Not certain - I don’t know much about this stuff and I can’t tell just from listening. 

But, I do know that Rush are very interested in production values. Although I think there choices aren’t really always what I’d like. For example, Permanent Waves was recorded/mixed with a very dry sound, especially the vocals.

Anyway, I’m sort of a Rush completest and have tried a couple of copies of Hold Your Fire. Nice to have the album but the sonics might not impress.
Boomtown, Wow, I had listened to that about a year ago - digital version and revisited it this morning.  Agree that it captured the time Jim, maybe in a similar way an early Springsteen record might have. I think it also sounds of it’s time.
Greg, Do you have the mofi Legend? Seems like they don’t go for too much. What’s a good replacement issue?  This one I have is showing too much evidence of life in college dorms.