Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
testing the new wires. Just built a newer tonearm cable using mil-spec silver solid 30gauge wire.Also rewired the SUT with the same wire. The system just took a huge leap upwards in quality.Wire was given to me by Mike Morrow of Morrow Audio.
thanks Mike!

playing tonight:

Dire Straits: "Love over Gold"

Jennifer Warnes: "Famous Blue Raincoat"

Henry Prucell: "King Arthur" /Deller Consort Harmonia Mundi

Ralph Vaughn Williams "Mass in G minor"/ Corydon Singers Hyperion
Nina Simone - "Four Women: The Philips Recordings" [Verve/UMG '03] 4CD annnotated box set containing the entirety of her 7 albums recorded for the label between '64-'66
Miles Davis All Stars - "Walkin'" [Prestige/CMG RVG edition '54/'06] Extended-form modified blues just don't get any better than the title cut and "Blue 'n' Boogie" with the Sextet of J.J. Johnson, Lucky Thompson, Horace Silver, Percy Heath and Kenny Clarke, and the mono sound is downright yummy even on CD
Britten: Symphony For Cello & Orchestra/Suite from "Death In Venice" - Raphael Wallfisch, cello/English Chamber Orchestra, cond. Steuart Bedford [Chandos '85] Honestly guys, I'd been working on this one a few days prior to seeing your most recent posts!...
INXS - Kick (found an unopened one)

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (found an orig pressing, that's pristine)

The Beatles - A Hard Days Night (mono)
Zaikesman, always nice to see a little more classical music listed, especially something as nice as Britten's Symphony for Cello and Orchestra!!

Today was an afternoon of music with friends in the local Richmond audio group. Vinyl lovers gathered and the focus was music, not gear! We ran the gamut from Monk & Coltrane Live at Carnegie Hall to Mendelsshon's Symphony No. 3 (Maag/LSO), to Suzanne Vega, to Louis Armstrong, to The Doors, to Monteverdi's "Vespro della Beata Vergine" with Gardiner. A great afternoon.