When did you ever hear a system sound so life-like

I am sure this has happened to so many of us, entering a room where the music sounds so damn close to live to discover it is an audio system.
What were the speakers and source?
If it's your own system mention the purchase that made the difference.
pedrillo
1) late 80s/early 90s- HP's IRS System- huge dynamics, concert hall scale and feel.
2) with all modesty on my sleeve... my system last month with a (non mentioned for fear of never getting another pair) mid 90s tube amp driving the MBLs. I never heard a system produce instruments that sounded so real. It was unnerving. It though lasted only two weeks- til the amp blew. I'll get it back up and running and invite over some witnesses. I never had any of my systems do THIS- the real instrument in my room thing, and like many of us I've been at this since 8 years of life!

Peter
Rcprince,
I tried looking for that recording for many years.No luck so I gave up.
Enjoy your music
Breuninger,
I can identify with the mbl's. To my ears they are one of the few best speakers with proper setup.
The only other speaker up there next to the mbl's are the wilson x2 alexandria, totally believable!
I feel that playing the system while sitting in an adjacent room could easily fool me at times.
Peter What caused these amps to blow ?? I worry that if it can happen to someone with your expertise it can certainly happen to me.If they are being repaired in NY can you tell me who,here would trust with the repair ??
Many years ago I used to walk past my neighbour's house every morning and evening on the way to the bus stop. Sometimes in the evening, I can hear their son practising on the piano. He is quite good, but not concert pianist good.

One evening I walked past and the unmistakable sound of Beethoven's Hammerklavier Sonata came singing out to the street. I stopped and listened, it was so good that a passing jogger stopped and listened as well.

I thought no more of it, then the next day heard him practising the Hammerklavier. But this time nowhere as good. I knocked on the door, and it was only then that I was told that they had taken delivery of a new sound system!