Which Turntable For Temporary Use/ please read

Hi
I'm looking for quick solution on a TT that will be
"the big bang for the buck" , fo maybe 1 year.

I eventually want the Raven TW Acoustic ,that's my choice.
I love this TT it has great PRAT

I have a Emm labs CDP & Dac DCC2 so pretty good front end.

So to the TT
1- Thoren TD124
2- Linn Sondek LP12
3- Garrard 301 or the 401 don't the difference

If you can spare a minute or 2 of your time from your experience view point that would be much apprciated
budget app $ 2,000.00

I listen to classical and Jazz with the 15% of R&R
macallan25
Considering current pricing and what's involved in getting one of the old tables running, I'd go for the Garrard 301 oil bearing model.

Cost will probably be around $1200.00 for table. Add a decent arm and you should come in under the $2000.00 mark.

You might be surprised by the Garrard, especially if you keep it for comparison after you buy the Raven.
linn now sells a whole lp12 package for between 2 and 3k. might just be a keeper. otherwise pick up a denon 500m
I have heard all 3 and owned 2 of them ( Linn and Garrard). The Linn is sweeter to my ear, and more versatile. That's my pick.
If I were in your shoes I'd look out for a Townsend Rock with an Excalibur tonearm on board,this should come in under budget and maybe even leave enough to buy a decent cartridge as well.
It may be a little more difficult to source out a Rock,But I feel it would be worthwhile as it would outperform IMHO the other decks on your shortlist.
Happy hunting
Terry
Lets look at cheap, but practical.
The Musicians Friend is offering a GemSound turntable for $99, shipped free. It has a s-arm and AT cartridge.
I know this takes courage to believe it can do the job of audiophile stuff. I have an Aries/Clearaudio etc setup. The Gemsound, which I use for vinyl to computer transfers sound great. Then there is the fear factor, in possbile finding cheap can do the job. Your audio life will never be the same. I dare you!