Why no “Break in” period?

If people say there’s a break in period for everything from Amps to cartridges to cables to basically everything... why is it with new power conditioners that people say they immediately notice “the floor drop away” etc.  Why no break in on that?

I’m not trying to be snarky - I’m genuinely asking.
tochsii
SO; the bottom line of all this discussion(according to some) would be, "It’s a waste of time, trying to upgrade your system/listening pleasure, by actually auditioning(LISTENING), since YOU’RE too inept to tell if there’s an improvement in sound, without a degreed Scientist present, to PROPERLY conduct experiments on your proposed purchase and determine(for you) if it’s POSSIBLE for that component/tweak, to positively affect what you might hear."                                                                                        Right?
rodman99999
SO; the bottom line of all this discussion(according to some) would be, "It’s a waste of time, trying to upgrade your system/listening pleasure, by actually auditioning(LISTENING), since YOU’RE too inept to tell if there’s an improvement in sound, without a degreed Scientist present, to PROPERLY conduct experiments on your proposed purchase and determine(for you) if it’s POSSIBLE for that component/tweak, to positively affect what you might hear."                                                                                       Right?
You're pretty close. Variations of the theme include the insistence that the listener himself conduct various scientific, controlled, double-blind listening tests to suit the sensibilities of the "scientist," and/or the rejoinder that it's fine to proceed without such validation so long as you understand that you are suffering from delusions or any one of a number of other mental maladies. 
@prof Yes, it’s true, I liked it but not for the reasons you were hoping for. I liked it for its pomposity and irony. 😛 I just calculated you’re in a dead heat, so to speak, with atdavid for the most posts exhibiting high degrees 🔝 of pomposity and irony. I’ve been using your posts and others as a journal, but also as a joke diary if I have any thoughts or frustrations. think I told you, I’m pursuing a career in standup comedy. You know, for when the whack a mole game on audio forums dries up. 🤡