Why no “Break in” period?

If people say there’s a break in period for everything from Amps to cartridges to cables to basically everything... why is it with new power conditioners that people say they immediately notice “the floor drop away” etc.  Why no break in on that?

I’m not trying to be snarky - I’m genuinely asking.
tochsii

Measurements.......

John Curl Interview Page 15/18

Also, we couldn’t use mylar capacitors, which are fairly efficient coupling capacitors. While mylars are fairly efficient from a size and cost point of view, we realized they have problems with dielectric absorption. I didn’t believe it at first. I was working with Noel Lee and a company called Symmetry. We designed this crossover and I specified these one microfarad Mylar caps. Noel kept saying he could ’hear the caps’ and I thought he was crazy. Its performance was better than aluminum or tantalum electrolytics, and I couldn’t measure anything wrong with my Sound Technology distortion analyzer. So what was I to complain about? Finally I stopped measuring and started listening, and I realized that the capacitor did have a fundamental flaw. This is were the ear has it all over test equipment. The test equipment is almost always brought on line to actually measure problems the ear hears. So we’re always working in reverse. If we do hear something and we can’t measure it then we try to find ways to measure what we hear. In the end we invariably find a measurement that matches what the ear hears and it becomes very obvious to everybody.
http://www.parasound.com/pdfs/JCinterview.pdf

"So what was I to complain about? Finally I stopped measuring and started listening, and I realized that the capacitor did have a fundamental flaw. This is were the ear has it all over test equipment. The test equipment is almost always brought on line to actually measure problems the ear hears. So we’re always working in reverse. If we do hear something and we can’t measure it then we try to find ways to measure what we hear. In the end we invariably find a measurement that matches what the ear hears and it becomes very obvious to everybody. "

even if the only one hearing the change are those with superior hearing like miller carbon or Michael Greene.... if they can hear it.. then it can be measured.  PERIOD.

Our instruments are far more sensitive than even the very best ears on the planet.  

This is science fact.  not opinion.  not rhetoric.  not trying to sell you a solution.

sailboat
we are very good at measuring what we know to measure, but are we aware of all variables that need to be measured...and our understanding of human hearing is really not all that great, so what do we correlate our measurements with...
  Eddie,   Speaking for me only.   i hear small %% differences then in three days it's even better 
How would a High C note, played at 90db measure differently from a High B note, played at 90db, or would they look exactly the same?