Why no “Break in” period?

If people say there’s a break in period for everything from Amps to cartridges to cables to basically everything... why is it with new power conditioners that people say they immediately notice “the floor drop away” etc.  Why no break in on that?

I’m not trying to be snarky - I’m genuinely asking.
tochsii
even if the only one hearing the change are those with superior hearing like miller carbon or Michael Greene.... if they can hear it.. then it can be measured.  PERIOD.

Our instruments are far more sensitive than even the very best ears on the planet.  

This is science fact.  not opinion.  not rhetoric.  not trying to sell you a solution.

sailboat
we are very good at measuring what we know to measure, but are we aware of all variables that need to be measured...and our understanding of human hearing is really not all that great, so what do we correlate our measurements with...
  Eddie,   Speaking for me only.   i hear small %% differences then in three days it's even better 
How would a High C note, played at 90db measure differently from a High B note, played at 90db, or would they look exactly the same?