Why no “Break in” period?

If people say there’s a break in period for everything from Amps to cartridges to cables to basically everything... why is it with new power conditioners that people say they immediately notice “the floor drop away” etc.  Why no break in on that?

I’m not trying to be snarky - I’m genuinely asking.
tochsii
Prof,
It is good to see you're softening up a bit in regard to sound quality & break in. From 12/8 you posted this:

12-08-2019 10:51am
Nelson Pass, John Curl, and Ralph Karsten all believe in equipment break-in, burn-in, or what ever you want to call it. The late Charles Hansen did as well.
"The point wouldn't be that some electronics designers think AUDIBLE break in occurs (note the capitalized word), but what evidence they have for the claim.

Do they have objective measurements showing the change

and

Do they have tests correlating the objective changes with their audible consequences, that control for well known listener biases?

If not, it's just more of the same audiophile anecdotes, unfortunately."

And in your post above you state:

"Not claiming break in doesn’t exist. Not claiming "you can’t be hearing X" or that it isn’t audible if it does exist. Not claiming to know the answer. Willing to accept it happens."

That is progress.  
Believe it or not, it costs a lot of money to "measure".  Some run-of-the-mill PC soundcard is not going to do it.  You need at least 100K worth of equipment (and of course knowing what to measure). 
I have some ribbon  power cords that had a dramatic break in process. Won't bore anyone with the details but initially my system had the flu. There isn't a person on this forum that could listen to it for more than 15 minutes. Checked my stylus for a gob of fuzz.
60-80 hours later clear as a bell.