why the PC change the tonal on my gears.

I bought a couple brand new Prelude PCs and decided to use one on my intergrated amp. The whole system is fairly new and the sound is clean and a little bright and sharp on vocal but extremely details in the high with this PC. After A/B switching speakers, intergrated,CDP with the same ICs ( Hero) and the same PC,the sound still not the way it was ( warm, open and a little on the dark side), I switch back to the stock PC and the system sounds just the way I wanted. I don't believe in PCs effects the sound that much but I now I see PCs can actually alter the tonal of my gears. Any thoughts anyone?
andrewdoan
Andrewdoan, yes, a power cord does take time to burn in, however 700 hours seems a bit excessive. From my experiences, you usually get a good idea of how a p/c will sound right out of the box. Generally, the cord's sound will change a bit over time, as it 'settles', but I've never heard a night and day difference as some folks have said. Usually, if a cord I've heard is 'in the ballpark', it can sound better over time. However, I've never heard a cord sound forward, have sharp glare, and too detail turn into a warm, sweet cord with time.
Sometimes burn in can take the edge off, but if the initial reaction is that negative, I don't think that's the p/c for you. There are many other good cords out there. It depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. There is a thread on the AudiogoN forums called 'Power Cord Flavors'. Maybe you could get some background reading stuff like this. Sure, it is not the Bible, and opinions will vary a bit on what aspects they look for in a p/c, but it will give you some ground work, a place to start.

Happy listening,
John
Post removed 
Thanks, guys. These power cords need to go then and the search for audio nirvana shall continue...Best regards,
Post removed 
Does any one can think of a reason if the PS prelude due to its shield contruction can damage the components in the long run ? I have read somewhere that some of the after-market PCs can restrict the AC juice to feed the components that can result the negative effects in sound quality in short term and damage the components in a long term usage.