why the PC change the tonal on my gears.

I bought a couple brand new Prelude PCs and decided to use one on my intergrated amp. The whole system is fairly new and the sound is clean and a little bright and sharp on vocal but extremely details in the high with this PC. After A/B switching speakers, intergrated,CDP with the same ICs ( Hero) and the same PC,the sound still not the way it was ( warm, open and a little on the dark side), I switch back to the stock PC and the system sounds just the way I wanted. I don't believe in PCs effects the sound that much but I now I see PCs can actually alter the tonal of my gears. Any thoughts anyone?
andrewdoan
"why the PC change the tonal on my gears" I have wondered about that my self as i am upgrading my pcs for both system. If pc chnages the tonal character (good or bad) why use them since presumably manufacturer of equipment must have voiced the equipment using stock cord and changing it would change the 'perfect' voicing!!

Similar comment can be applied to equipment reviewer who almost always changes to aftermarket PC/s when they review and judge the equipment performance. Would not the review be invalid as compared to what is designed with?

But few benefits of aftermarket pc could be noticed right away: low noise floor, lack of grain-perticulary upper mids and lower highs, addition of weight to mid bass and mids. These improvements though may falsely lead you to believe that overall there is an improvement...
Nilthepill, " If PC changes the tonal character ( good or bad) why use them since presumably manufacturer of equipment must have voiced the equipment using stock cord and changing it would change the 'perfect' voicing". Thank you, point well taken. I have a bad habit that I listen to a handful of CDs day after days for the last twenty years and I am familiar to each tracks on each CDs. With the El Cheapo Prelude, in " the boulervard of broken dreams" DK sounds not the same as with stock cord provided. I like my 400xi sound the way it is: warm and litlle dark but sweet, so I end up using the stock cord instead. Most of the stock cords are ugly looking as those skinny and curly serpents and a pain in the ass to get them straightened. The bottom line is I like my components sound the way they are designed for but it is interesting how PS audio PCs and its Power plants can manipulate the sound at different frequency response.
If only some one explains in a simple language that we non electrically inclined folks understand, it would help better understand why after market PC works on certain components (impedance changes?) and why don't on others.

So far my findings in my system is that it works on Power amp, Transport and DAC. Phono preamp and preamp it kind of ruins the good balance I get with previous set up.

I guess do what sounds best to you is the message!
Post removed