Wilson Sophia III vs Sasha

Currently own Sophia IIIs and I've been contemplating going to Sasha's. Has anyone compared them in the same system? Your thoughts/opinions are greatly appreciated.
ricred1
Elberoth2
I know Sophia 3s are great speakers. My priorities are spacing between instruments, imaging, and soundstage. I submit Sophia's perform these task well. My delima is how best to spend 10-15K? If Sasha's are significantly better at performing my priorities than Sophia's, will changing cables and/or electronics get me to Sasha's? I plan on at taking my amp and preamp to listen to Sasha's next week. I'm curious to hear the Sasha's with my electronics.
Ricred,
If you could stretch your budget a little, I would recommend to getting the Sasha (anchor first) then build system/room around it.

Earier this year, my brother was staged to buying the Sophia3/REF110. It was practically a two months back-forth affair to the dealer--whereby their demo system too slowly evolved. Finally, after gotten used to sound of Sasha driven with the then new ARC REF150, he blew his budget and went for it--Along the CD8 and REF5. I found that this synergy to be very well complimentary and sounds real good. So much so, that I got the amp for myself too--and I'm not so much of a Wilson nor an ARC fan prior.

Another option to look at also is probably trying out the REF150 first in your current set-up. I would guess that this move too would push the performance envelope of your Sophias quite a bit further, positively, much in ways that you prioritized. Good luck.
Bvdiman,
I'm currently looking at all of my options. I'm going to contact my local dealer tomorrow and set-up an appointment to hear the Sasha's with my current electronics. Hopefully during my visit I will have the opportunity to compare my equipment to other gear. My challenge is trying to get the most "bang for my money". I honestly love my current system. I just want to see how much it will cost to hear significant differences regarding spacing between instruments, soundstage depth and width. The other question I have is what change in equipment provides the most cost effective way to improve what I have? Time will tell!
I think you will get much better results by addressing your room first. Hire a pro, get some treatment, place the listening seat and speakers then worry about upgrading. The cost/benefit ratio will surprise you, IMO.

In the last year, I have spent about $3K on Jim Smith and room treatment and another $2.5K on isolation and my system improved far more than the last time I threw $10K upgrading components.

I used to think that buying a new preamp or cable would make be all I needed to by happy with my system. Then I learned that the room and isolation are just as important or even more so. Well, that was my experience anyway.
Peterayer,

I'm working on the room first. I have already contacted Rives, but I haven't sent them my room information. Who is Jim Smith?

Thanks,

Rick