Zu Druids upgraded Vs Essence

How does the upgraded Druid compare with the Essence?

I own a pair of the Druids and have been loving them for a few years. Was wondering if the Essence is worth the leap

Cheers
bonesetter2004
>> if I get PushPull frankly I might as well stick with solid state. The magic I hear is in SET<<

There's plenty of magic in a well-executed push-pull tube amp that is elusive in p-p solid state. The two devices are dynamically quite different, and tonally dissimilar - except when they're not. While I agree on the preference for SET, and especially love the synergy between 845 SET and the Zu FRD, you can get excellent results from exceptional p-p tube amps like a used Jadis, Quad Classic II, Quad Two-Forty, vintage Mac MC225 or MC40, MC30 monoblocks, MC240, EAR, Wright Sound, Luxman, lots of others, will yield a sound so distinctly different from p-p solid state as to be essentially unavailable from silicon. If you like silicon better, fine. But p-p topology doesn't make the difference between solid state and vacuum tubes moot. In solid state, Pass-designed amps tend to sound very fine. The current Luxman Class A integrated is a great match; 47 Labs, LFD, Valvet's power amps.

Phil
Zanon,

I have not heard the Druids before, let alone own a pair. I use my First Watt F1 with a pair of Cain & Cain Abby speakers, but have read that this amp worked well with the Druids.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. I like how my system is sounding these days and hope this is a change I'm happy with.
Very good gopher.

interested to hear what you think.

I believe you will like Zu more than Cain in Cain as I have found I prefer Zu driver to Fostex (although Fostex has nice elements too!)