$50k - $80k Budget…Opinions please.

Long story short, I sold my beloved 2-channel to reduce family debt. In about a year-ish, I’ll be in a position to rebuild with a hefty budget. I loved my Harbeth + Pass Labs combo. My REL sub died before I really got to integrate it, so opinions wanted there as well. I fully understand the diminishing margin of returns when moving into some arenas, but that’s ok, opinions are strongly encouraged.

I listen to a lot of Miles Davis/Coltrane, Radiohead, Tool, Pearl Jam, Brent Cobb. I’ve often preferred “organic” or neutral, not sure how technical that is.

toddcowles

Showing 1 response by deep_333

You might consider a financial planner as being more of a priority than your next 80k luxury item. I mean, to pay off family debt you get a fraction of your systems value, and a year later drop 80k on a luxury item. That math does not add up. Well, at least not the way I earn my money.

Hmm, agreed, if the dude had to sell gear to reduce ’family debt’?!?!, it doesn’t sound a whole lot like the dude should be operating near this price bracket.

OP, you may want to drop your budget to 5k maybe. Audio nirvana could happen easily even at 5k (It may disappoint the forum’s Dealers Incognitoticus club however). Use the remaining 45k to 75k for other important things in life.