$800 to spend on speakers, $1500 on whole system

I am new to community and am seeking advice on my first good sound system. I am looking to spend $500-800 on a used set of two speakers for my living room, which is not very large. I cannot decide between bookshelf speakers or a floor speaker. I will be listening mostly to digital music, and I could use recommendations on a DAC and receiver. I would like the receiver to be bluetooth if high quality receivers come with this feature, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

My Ideal system would have two speakers at $500-800 and with receiver, DAC, cables, and anything else I would need totaling around $1200, but $1500 maximum. I figured I would start with speakers and go from there.

I like to listen to most music, except rap. Heavy metal, funk, jazz. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

pawadalla
The difference in sound qualities of an 1800 system and a 1500 one is probably not worth the 300 though.  
I am very impressed with my vintage Marantz 1060 integrated amp I picked up on the bay for around 350 including walnut case. Sounds much better than my Denon 5.1 AVR. I've read reviews comparing it favorably to the Peachtree.  There are many among us who feel that some vintage models may rival or exceed modern equipment especially in similar price ranges. 

Dragonfly DAC. Polk RTi A5 speakers. Music Hall mmf 2.2. Modern Polks don't get much attention in forums, but I like mine at 350 each. 
Elac Uni-Fi F5, they will be the best speaker under 2k pair easily.  Andrew Jones is a genius.  Elac rules!

I am confident that once I heard then I would agree that the F5s are a great speaker for the money, however I find it hard to believe I would find them to be the ‘best under 2K easily’.