Accuphase dac 60

New guy posting here, lurking for awhile. I have a new Accuphase e380 integrated and love it. Thinking of getting the dac 60 card that goes with it. Thoughts, opinions please. Right now I have a ps audio digital link iii dac that is still going strong. What can I expect from a new modern dac?

not sure if this is the correct place to post this. TIA…

duketbrd88

@lalitk 

in the manual, it says either slot and the dealer said he usually puts it in slot #2, but i will double check.

right now I have a trusty 18 year old denon 1910 cd/ DVD player as my CD player with the coax and an optical cable from my Sony oled playing hi res music from YouTube music videos which actually sounds excellent and the reason I have been putting off streaming for the time being.

I do want to pick up a audiolab 6000cdt transport this week for cd’s.

I have been running this setup for years with the ps audio dac, the old Classé stuff and now the accuphase integrated and all of it sounds awesome and crystal clear.

so, those are my main sources for now. I know not ideal for everyone, but works for me. The only new variable added was the dac 60.

@ronboco 

the dealer has been great to deal with and said I can return it. I hooked the ps audio back up this morning and the difference is amazing. That gain or volume difference feels like adding a separate amp. I’m still shocked, because this is not the outcome I expected at all.

@jjss49 

no I did not. It clearly states in the manual either slot, does not matter. Then you select option 1or 2 on the front depending on the slot. Talked to a couple dealers also, besides my dealer and they also said it doesn’t matter.