Active Subwoofer Crossover

What are the differences between components like the JL Audio CR-1 and Bryson 10B-SUB active subwoofer crossover and the crossover built into most subs? Do they just provide more flexibility?
ricred1
I received my Monitor Audio PL500s and I'm so excited that I don't "need" subs. Yes, subs made a difference with my Aerial 7Ts, but there is something about a "full range" speaker in a relatively big room that a smaller speaker with subs just can't duplicate. I have so much respect for the Aerial 7Ts, but I realize my room is just to big for them.
It sounds like you could use some subs!

I reckon subs in a way are like that old chicken and egg adage. In that they too will continue being debated well on into history.

I have full range 3 way speakers of lesser volume but quite adequate for the room they reside in. Bass they emit is exceptional, not a need for subs, really. Until I take a short walk and encounter some weak bass. Modes anger me often to the point of agitation. My pressure rises steam exits my ears and my left eye starts twitching violently causing me to miss half of the game. I’m probably one of the few that needs subs.

While using an electronic (active) crossover, you can independently control the relative volume of different types of speakers. Active Crossovers are essential to improve the sound of a sound system and for better integration with the subwoofer. If you are also looking for quality Active Subwoofer Crossover then you can rely on Marchand Electronics Inc. We build unique and high-quality active crossover variants with multiple specifications like:
XM44
24dB/oct or 48 dB/oct, 2-way, 3-way and 4-way models available
XM9
24db/oct slope, 2-way and 3-way models available
XM16
48 dB/oct slope, 2-way and 3-way models available
XM66
24dB/oct Electronic Crossover with a variable crossover point
XM26
24dB/oct, TUBE, 2-way
XM126
24dB/oct, TUBE, 2-way, 3-way and 4-way models available
XM1
Low cost, 24dB/oct, 2-way, circuit board only

So experience the best sound quality with Marchand Electronics Inc. We also offer custom designing to your specifications. Visit our website for detailed information.