adante

anyone know why Elac is discontinuing this line?
mattz
It adds zero pressure.  You are delusional if you think this will have any effect other than people buying them blind at Music Direct because of the “deal” and then convincing themselves they like them. 
If they are bigger than the average monitor and now going for a discount, then that sounds like a deal. More speaker per $$. Just match them up right as suggested which has to be done in most any case anyhow to get things to sound best.

Also older ears that no longer hear flat to 20khz may tend to like a tipped up top end more so than otherwise.

It’s always shortsighted to focus just on the gear. The person is part of the system that determines the final results and only they know what they hear and like. That’s why no speaker will ever dominate the market alone no matter how good or flat technically it is.

Post removed 
Who on earth is this clown? I had to register just because it appears Andrew bad-touched him at some point.
contuzzi359 posts01-22-2018 11:07amI’d absolutely go with the ELAC.  Have spent a lot of time recently with the stand mounts.  Really outstanding.  

Have little to no experience with the floor standers yet.
 So we went from superlatives to laughing out loud they're so bad? Good grief. Zero credibility.

The Adantes are really nice, I'm just not sure what they were aiming for. They're big and seem to be over-thought. I'd be interested in comparing with the R3, but the reality is I'm trying to downsize for a smaller listening environment, and these just aren't going to pass the grade. What I found interesting was the measurements between the 2 are eerily similar, I guess AJ's DNA is still all over the KEFs.