Advice from Audiogon family - best speaker $3k-$4k

I am looking for advice for speakers.  This is a second system in my living room with a MA252 integrated, VPI turntable and Blue Sound.  Looking for a floor standing speaker.  I have listen to Sonus Faber and I like them.  Advice?

goducks44

I am in a fairly similar search mode as the OP, and would have seconded @vinylzone suggestion of Maggie 1.7i at <$3k … BUT you can’t drive them adequately with that Mac integrated, and small/medium Maggies are so dependent on listener room constraints and preferences for genre/content (eg lower extension/dynamics)

In that price range +1 on the Sierra towers with raal recommendation. Had a pair for 8 years, great imaging and depth, wide soundstage, very airy and detailed with yet excellent bass.

I am in a fairly similar search mode as the OP, and would have seconded @vinylzone suggestion of Maggie 1.7i at <$3k … BUT you can’t drive them adequately with that Mac integrated, and small/medium Maggies are so dependent on listener room constraints and preferences for genre/content (eg lower extension/dynamics)

agree with this 100% - maggies at various price levels are capable of some of the very finest sound obtainable, thus are a tremendous value -- but they do put rather severe demands on the rest of the chain, and can be hit-or-miss in the wife acceptance department

While I realize this would change my budget, Maggies are a consideration- 3.7i.  I have a dedicated listening room for my primary system.  Thanks to the recommendations from this group.  It is 13’ x 22’.  The WAF is good to go.  

I have heard the 3.7i, but I do intend on listening to them.