Any audiophile use computer (MacBook) as your audio streaming source?

I rarely see any audiophile talking about streaming audio digital sources from a computer. I understand MacBook can accept native lossless formats form all the various platforms, and it can store unlimited music files in any format, so supposedly it’s the best source, and the digital file is the most purest before it’s fed to the dac. Anyone compared the sound quality of computer vs other audio streamer? 

randywong

Well, that’s your individual anecdotal opinion, but I’m not sure how credible that statement really is.

@lanx0003  I never said anything about the improvement the power supply made to my Zen Stream because I never used the stock power supply so you’re making that up.  I have no idea if the Pulse Mini is better than my Zen because I haven’t heard it.  And many others have experienced significant improvements adding an Iris so it’s not just me, and frankly I don’t give a damn whether you believe my actual experience or not.  Maybe you should try one yourself rather than just spouting measurements. 

@lanx0003

In such cases, the additional conversion step could introduce unnecessary complexity or even compromise sound quality due to the increased signal path. 

Do you have a graph showing the evidence of the compromised sound quality? 

Here is a PC streamer that, in addition to supporting SFP, checks every audiophile box. Barebones price is 3900 € but I quickly customized it to 9660 €. It's a useful template for state of the art PC streaming though. 

https://griggaudio.de/produkt/fis-audio-pc-konfigurator/

And people are concerned about the high price for dedicated "audiophile" streamers? Geez. 

@mclinnguy If you challenge this common sense, the burden of proof is on you. Even if the degradation in sound quality isn't audible, why would anyone bother adding something unnecessary or unbeneficial?

@soix 

And BTW, an SU6 or Holo Red is far from SOTA as DDCs go. 

The benefits I appreciate from a DDC are galvanic isolation, multiple output choices to my DACs, and lower jitter.  I have owned the Hermes and now the SU-6, and I am curious what criteria you believe makes one DDC SOTA and others not? Not arguing, just curious.