Any owners of Schitt Bifrost 2?

I am in the market for a Schitt Dac. One of the main reasons why I am considering Schitt because they are upgradable.

Question is the Bifrost worth the money ? Or should I buy once and cry once and buy the Yggdrasil .

In the back of mind I am wondering is the Bifrost decent but nothing special like Prima Luma .

Thanks.

biglou13

Using Bifrost 2 as a backup in times of repair or transition. It really sings for the price. Don't buy Yggy unless the DAC is the weak link in your current system.

I have the Bifrost II but recently upgraded to another US made DAC, the Geshelli Labs DAYZEE.  I recently insterted it into my system and I am incredibly impressed.  That isn't to say the Bifrost isn't a good product.

I have both. I use a Bifrost in my headphone rig and a Yiggy LIM in my loudspeaker system. The Yiggy was definitely worth the additional cost for me. It added noticeable detail, instrument separation, and soundstage depth. 

It really depends on the rest of your system, the DAC you are replacing, and your future upgrade plans. But since you are thinking about it, I would vote for the Yggdrasil.

I have a Bifrost II/64 and a Modi multibit. I'm pleased with both and Schiit has a lot of value for the money. As some mentioned the Yggdrasil would be a great place to start on the high end, but I have an older CD transport with a R2R DAC (32 bit?) that to me is reference. Unfortunately it's dedicated to the CD so I can't input steaming audio, but I believe there's some modern stand alone R2R's out there.