Any Vandersteen 7 Owners in SFO Bay Area ?

Hi,

There is no dealer in San Francisco Bay Area who carries Vandersteen 7.  I want to listen to them before i consider and upgrade and wondering if there is anyone in my area who can help me.  I own 5A Carbons and thinking of upgrading. 
veerapaneni
@lxgreen , I bought ctsooner's Treo's and own a pair of 2w subs and am very happy with the result. Johnny R. at audioconnection said using the external subs gets you pretty close to the Vandy 5's. So, I think if you did go with Treo's, you would do pretty well.
As ctsooner pointed out, having a sub array would be plenty sweet. Though, the nice thing about Quatro's would be that you really don't need the external subs.-Especially if your listening room is like mine, too cluttered and with limited space to move things around.
Bob
As you requested, Performance Audio carries Vandersteen speakers:

Performance Audio
2847 California St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
415 441 6220

How awesome. Guys, I have noticed a trend here.  Richard is growing and growing properly.  He can keep up with increased sales and keep quality, unlike others who have grown in the past.  He's starting to open up more and more stores around the country and hopefully for us, he'll open up more.  I know that the ones he's had, for the most part, have been OUTSTANDING IRT set up and helping customers.  

Great to hear that he has Performance Audio.  Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.
I think we have to accept the reality that international sales are keeping many of the high end manufacturers healthy. I have been told by people in the business that shipping to Asia via container ship is very cheap and cost effective. I know that Aesthetix does business throughout Europe
and elsewhere. The most important factor in international sales is having a very strong distributor who is active and has many contacts in the country. More US manufacturers are deciding to attend high end shows in Europe and Asia (Berlin and Tokyo). I remember a few years ago I wanted to hear a new speaker made by Avalon Acoustics. I could not find a dealer in LA that had that speaker available for audition. I called Avalon and asked where in SO CAL I could hear the speaker. They said forget it because their sales concentration was overseas and they had not shipped that speaker to any of their dealers on the west coast. 

Dead on about Asian distribution.

Sad about Avalon. I used to love their speakers, but with the new company it's just changed a lot.  They lost most of their US dealers because they won't support them with ads or anything.  One former dealer told me that.  

That's why I love Vandy's.  He's trying to build an even bigger USA dealer network.  I think that's cool.  

veerapaneni, how are the 7's breaking in?  How do you like them?  Are you getting what you wanted out of them?  Inquiring minds, lol......