Anybody have Experience with Alta Audio Alyssa Speaker

I have been reviewing speakers in the $5K price range and came across the Alta Audio Alyssa speaker. I have put these on my watch list. I am very interested in hearing if anyone  has personal experience in listening to these speakers. What other speakers would you compare them to. Interested in reading what you have to say.

tjraubacher

I listened to Alta Audio Alyssa at an audio dealer (that I highly respect). I found them thick sounding... too much mid-bass for my liking.

@audiojan  The reviews I’ve read of Alta speakers indicate they are a bit polite sounding up top that may also be feeding into your impressions, but it almost sounds like the speakers weren’t optimally set up in the room or maybe an equipment mismatch.  What do you think?

Anyway, the more polite house sound of the Altas is why I recommended the Prism and Mini-X above as they probably offer a lighter/airier perspective in the event the OP finds the Alyssa not to his liking/tastes.  All comes down to personal tastes after all.  Frankly, at $5k and as @blisshifi alluded to above, I’d go for a pair of used Pulsars and call it a day, but that’s me.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650081867-joseph-audio-pulsars-with-custom-sound-anchor-stands-and-upgraded-twl-jumpers/

@audiojan and @soix - this is what I meant by careful matching with the amp. I found it took a lot of power and current to get the speaker tightened up and for the tweeter to wake up, but with the right amp, it really does come alive. Pulsars are the best bet of the ones mentioned, though!

@soix 

It was hooked up to Luxman M900u and C900u with a good analog turntable (can't remember which one). Usually, they are spot on in their setup, but you never know for sure when you listen to something at a dealer.

I wonder how the new PS audio FR5 bookshelf speakers will stand up to the competition 3 to 4k.

So how would you compare the Alta Audio Alyssa speaker to the Fritz Carrera BE or Carbon 7 SE Mk2 speakers