Anybody want a laugh?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254589502418

Yes, that’s a network switch marketed to Audiophiles. 
😆😂😆
128x128dougeyjones
There is no such thing : a sound without "color"....An uncolored sound means nothing in an absolute sense...

All sound coming from a room, a particular house, a specific electrical grid, a particular audio system is colored in some way for some particular ears that listen to these same" colors" in their particular way and will perceive them in their own way...

Tweaks by themselves are only that: tweaks useful or not....

But controlling the mechanical, electrical and acoustical embeddings amount to more than using a tweak or 2....It need to be take care of in a systematic experimental way.....It is possible, cheap, and audible by me , my dog, and even my wife (perhaps not my wife).... :)

There is no such thing that a sound without "color"
Which is why I said before the amp. If the signal over noise and distortion on the analog outputs of the DAC is below human hearing then it’s transparent and all those streamers, switches and routers and whatever upstream doesn’t amount to diddley. Now after the signal hits the speaker and how it interacts with the room is a different story.
I think that when spending beaucoup bucks on a hifi, people figure a couple hundred extra on a router with noise management as a design focus, regardless of actual merit, is not a big deal. An insurance policy at worst.

Again, there are some I know with very well thought out and resolving setups, who I do not suspect of imagining things, who claim the device covered in the white paper did make a difference. So I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. To me, if there is noise on a circuit, all devices connected to the circuit MIGHT be affected.

Personally, I’ve used wireless network connections to my streamers exclusively now for many years with excellent results so I am more than pleased with that approach.  Always dead quiet with top notch detail, if you have the right gear to show it.

Which is why I said before the amp. If the signal over noise and distortion on the analog outputs of the DAC is below human hearing then it’s transparent and all those streamers, switches and routers and whatever upstream doesn’t amount to diddley. Now after the signal hits the speaker and how it interacts with the room is a different story.
Even upstream to the dac all the electrical particular grid of the house, and all that is connected to it will color the sound coming from the dac...The dac itself being a mass of electronic components, so good it is or pricey, will add noise but if rightly design will do it in a good trade-off ... Any small new electronic components, the smaller one also, will intoduce noise of their own.... The audio engineering design is mainly the art of trade-off ...Nothing more...

ALL IS INTERCONNECTED in a non linear way and affect human hearing in way perceptible not only in DB measured way... Imaging for instance is not measured in DB....The instrumental perception of timbre is not reducible to DB measures....

All this is only my opinion and experience, i am a poet perhaps certainly not an engineer.... :)

But i work hard to give to me the Hi-Fi experience at peanuts cost.... I succeed....I succeed with non orthodox homemade improvised systematic experiments and low cost materials, not by buying costly effective products, nor by "buying snake oil"....

The title of my "virtual system page" is: audiophile experience for the poor.....And it is possible.... I did it..... :)

A relatively high audio quality experience is possible for all and cost peanuts....The necessary high price to pay for audio S.Q. is  partly a " myth"....