Anyone ever have, use or hear this tube?

I always thought that the pinnacle of the ecc82/12au7 type tube was the Telefunken ecc802s. Even better than the Amperex 7316. But, I recently found out that there is an extra special designation for some ecc802's dubbed the G73R. These are supposed to be unmatched in quality and longevity, said to last 40,000+ hours! Anybody familiar with, heard or own these things??

thecarpathian

Power abhors a vacuum, electrons…not so much.

I love the smell of warm tubes, coffee ( and napalm ) in the morning.

On a serious note.. while i love Andy and have in past been an ardent supporter / customer…. i just can’t tolerate the very long periods of incommunicado…. so for several years Brent at Brent Jesse Recording Supply has been getting 100% of my business… Just today ordered (3) AT-7…. Tuberolling is not a sport for the deaf

For all you 12AU7 users, have you tried the RCA 12BH7?  After rolling many 12AU7 variations, I learned the 12BH7 would work and once I heard the RCA in my preamp, CD player and amps, there was no going back to the 12AU7.  

Yes , I bought 4 of them about 7-8 years ago for $500. The seller had 5 pair, I bought 2. At that price I regret not buying all of them. I have multiple sets of Tektronix labeled Tekefunkens to compare them with , and they are dead quiet. In my Mid Fi system I can’t tell any difference in tone or soundstage Vs the Tektronix. I also have various Seimens and Amperex and they don’t come close to the Telefunkens in terms of a flat response or depth of sound. It’s sad that NOS tubes are very limited and have become unaffordable. I got back into tubes about 10 years ago after a 30 year absence and went on a tube rolling binge. For me it was such a satisfying experience experimenting with tube rolling and different types of music. 

The Apos Ray 12AU7 new production tubes are really terrific and come with a trial and a warranty. They sound better than new production Gold Lion and any of the NOS 12SU7s I have in my stash including Teles, Brimar, Radiotechnique, Mullard and more...