Anyone listen to entire albums?

I assume the answer is yes since many of you run vinyl rigs, but just wondering how many around here listen to entire albums at a sitting?  In the age of instant gratification and playlists I seem to be, recently, gravitating to listening through entire albums.  I don’t have vinyl and only stream or play from a network drive so it’s easy for me to bounce around from song to song, artist to artist.  Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing but I enjoy hearing a record in it’s entirely the way the artist recorded it.  I’ve flirted with the idea of vinyl for the very reason that it seems to be a format that lends itself to listening through an entire album in one sitting.  I seem to be less inclined to make that move though now that I’ve been doing the album thing via streaming. 

128x128jastralfu

I listen to the majority of my music on CD and LP and almost always listen through on the CD and to one or two sides depending on the LP.

I tend to use streaming to find albums I like and then go buy them in physical format.

After reading the responses I guess that I am in the minority , listening to over 95% vinyl  I pick an album turn it over and play that side because I had listened to the other side that last time I picked that album .  This holds true for almost all listening to Rock , Folk or Jazz .  I say. almost all because there are some albums that were written as a whole or concept , Pink Floyd DSOM , WYWH or Animals , The Who Tommy or Quadrophenia or The Moody Blues Nights in White Satin to name a few.

Classical albums are the only ones that I listen to from beginning to end , after all they were written that way .

I don't have any remastered albums with extra songs but I feel the same way about the order of the playlist on the original release verse a Greatest Hits version that just doesn't have the same flow .

The comments are interesting here.  I’m one of those that usually listens to the entire album, one side after the other in a sitting.  With digital on my server run by JRiver, I typically pick and choose songs through the app unless I like the whole album.  Like others, I’ll load the whole thing and listen to it.  

With albums I too usually don’t buy it unless I love the album and like most of what’s on it.  For instance I love Supertramp’s “Crime..” and “Crisis..” but really only liked about 4 songs off “Breakfast”.   So for a long time I haven’t bothered purchasing the album because there’s a couple songs that are so-so and a couple I really can’t stand sitting through.  With digital I can just pick what I wanted. 
Although I was recently offered a perfect 1st release copy at a record store for $15 at a record show that I couldn’t resist.  

This is why albums are not so popular anymore. I get bored with my collection and wanna always use roon.

Plus with albums spinning around ever so cooly, it’s difficult to skip songs that may suck. But on the flipside listening to all the music on an album allows you to slowly appreciate tunes that may not otherwise excite you right away. Lots of Beatles songs were kinda like this but overtime you begin to really like them. Greatest hits albums from The Beatles are horrifying since I'm used to the sequence from the original albums.

I would imagine with Taylor Swift given her extended release lots of people have not listened to most of it because they are focussed on Quickstream stuff from Spotify. I have not listened to any of her new music except Fortnite which is a really cool video.

I grew up right at the crossover from vinyl to cassette tape so I never really got into vinyl.  I have wonderful memories of listening to the radio, particularly at the community swimming pool, all through the seventies.  I think that’s what draws me to vinyl even though I’ve never put that into my system.  I can remember back in the 80’s listening to a cassette and longing for a way to just hear or buy the one song I really loved. Then mixed tapes became a thing but you still had to buy the entire album not just the song. Streaming has more than scratched that itch and it’s been the way I’ve streamed music for the most part. Being intentional about listening to an album, warts and all, has been a fantastic addition to the way I listen to music. Seems like most of you do something similar wrt listening to albums. Some have the same habits when streaming of bouncing around or skipping the song(s) that is not appealing. Streaming has also opened up so many more genres I would never have indulged in if buying each album was required. I can also build a playlist of every album by a particular artist and listen to each album all the way through, which I am doing right now with a Steely Dan playlist.