Anyone listen to entire albums?

I assume the answer is yes since many of you run vinyl rigs, but just wondering how many around here listen to entire albums at a sitting?  In the age of instant gratification and playlists I seem to be, recently, gravitating to listening through entire albums.  I don’t have vinyl and only stream or play from a network drive so it’s easy for me to bounce around from song to song, artist to artist.  Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing but I enjoy hearing a record in it’s entirely the way the artist recorded it.  I’ve flirted with the idea of vinyl for the very reason that it seems to be a format that lends itself to listening through an entire album in one sitting.  I seem to be less inclined to make that move though now that I’ve been doing the album thing via streaming. 

128x128jastralfu

I listen to at least 50% of the album 100% of the time when I’m playing a 7”.

Unless I’m interrupted.

LPs get a full listen, and generally CDs also, especially since I'm using a single CD transport these days (my ancient "built like a tank" Marantz  5 disc CD changer still works and sounds great but can't compete with the convenience of streaming). Streaming and the Schiit Urd go through a Bifrost 2/64 (superb DAC), the changer uses a DacMagic with its bespoke (mostly) Pangea power supply...also sounding great. Remixed, remastered, repackaged, restored, re-released...pretty much all good in my book, and I listen mostly to jazz. Often I put on some vinyl and step away to do something...oops...I should get one of those "Q up" gizmos.

a few thoughts

1. those albums (vinyl or cd) where the order of the songs is different than the printed order? who made those decisions?

2. cd's. I sometimes use scramble, and found I became focused on songs that I was not fully aware of, strange: I figured out, those were most often the ones that followed the great songs which I was still thinking about.

3. we retired have more time to listen to both sides, or all sides, however I do, like others, play a favorite side: only, or 1st. Playing out of order, not your favorite side first can make you more aware of other tracks like #2 above.

This is only an issue if one listens to "popular"stuff only.

Most orchestral music, concertos, symphonies and chamber music will take up one or two sides of an LP.

The point is to listen to the entire work on even more than one LP.