Anyone listen to Music on a FM tuner anymore?

I’m not referring to streaming, I mean an actual FM turner. I haven’t had a turner for at least 15, probably more like 20 years. I had a high-end one that went bad years ago and even then I hadn’t really used it in years. Just wondering if anyone still uses one and why?

Added info: back in my college days there were lots of reasons, some great DJ’s in the New York City area and sometimes a live concert broadcasts that were great, but those times are long gone, as is most of my hair and my 32 inch waistline.....I’m not trying to judge anyone for still listening to music on a FM tuner, just asking for the reason to do so.

Hope everyone had a good holiday season.

128x128deadhead1000

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

I listen to a lot of internet radio, but it’s been at least 20 years since I had a dedicated analog tuner.  I did listen to WFMT in Chicago a few months ago with the analog tuner in my AVR in my HT system, but much prefer the digital stream on the same system 

My lp collection was destroyed in a flood in the mid eighties.  At the time I couldn’t afford new CDs, lps were disappearing, and I didn’t have much listening time anyway, but for several years my listening was about an hour of WFMT in the late evening on a cheap plasticky Yamaha tuner, but to me I seemed to work very well and had a nice warm analog glow.  Several years ago I came across a similar Yamaha tuner in a Goodwill for about $5. It had scratched fascia but seemed to work ok in the system, but by now my ears had adjusted to the detailed but crisper digital sound