Anyone still use the Harmonix Studio Master Power Cord (not the 350)?

Anyone still using the Studio Master power cord, the one with the Furutech connector on one end and Wattgate on the other? Compared it to anything else? I hadn't heard of it, but got a good offer on a used one and wish to get a sense of its tonality on the cool-neutral-warm continuum, and anything else people have to say. I'm using a full set of PS Audio AC-12's right now and am looking for one cord, probably to use on Supratek preamp, that will take things up a notch without giving up modest warmth. I've been watching for older Kimber PK-10's, but they don't come up often, and the newer ones used (updated Wattgates) are typically more than I want to spend. Thanks,
highstream

I've been testing the Studio Master as you described. First, I compared it to a Shunyata Alpha on the PM Ki Ruby. Right from the start, the Studio Master revealed significantly more detail. The hi-hat was clearer, and vocal nuances were more distinct. However, it seemed to sacrifice some bass weight, which led me to set it aside after just a few tracks that I enjoyed. It didn't quite complement the amp.

Next, I tried it with the DAC, a PS Audio Directstream Sr. Here, it outshone the PS Audio AC12 in several aspects. Despite slightly less punch, the bass was tighter and more controlled. The overall sound was refined and natural, with instruments sounding more authentic. Ultimately, I opted for the AC12 for its robust bass, but missed the Studio Master's refined and detailed sound.

Moving on, I also compared the Studio Master to another Shunyata Alpha on my reference system. It made a noticeable difference at the DAC, particularly with my T+A DAC200, where it excelled in many areas. The soundstage expanded with greater width and depth, instrument placement was clearer, and micro-details were more vivid. Overall, it offered more detail across the spectrum: tighter, more informative bass and extremely detailed vocals.

In essence, the Studio Master exhibits lively energy in the mid-highs without causing fatigue—a very enjoyable characteristic. However, I do miss the contoured and robust bass lines of the Shunyata. With the Shunyata, I find myself wanting to crank up the volume, whereas with the Studio Master, I stop at a higher volume level, feeling that increasing it further might be too much due to its energetic mid-highs.

Finally, if you have a good price on the Studio Master, I would recommend giving it a try, especially at the digital front end.