Arcam SA30 vs Denon PMA- A110

Hi Audiogon Fam, I currently have the Arcam SA30 and want to upgrade in sound quality. I have really been keeping an eye on the Denon PMA -A110. Ive heard great things about it. I will be using the Arcam ST60 as the source for streaming and Focal Aria 936 K2 Speakers. Any input would really help me. Thanks. 

128x128edwinf

Showing 8 responses by edwinf

@tedweekend I have Polk Audio Lsim 703's, JBL Studio 503's, Focal Aria 936 K2'S, Klipsch RP600M, and Polk Audio Monitor 10A's. I'm sure it will sound good with most of them I just want to make sure I get a good natural but exciting sound when playing instruments. Thanks for the input

@wharfy  Thank you for your input. What you are describing has been confirmed by many.cWould you say it is superior to the Arcam?

@wharfy Awesome! The Arcam SA30 is the only integrated amp I've ever had so  I have nothing to conpare it to. I like that it is detailed but not bright. If I may say even a bit warm. I like the pairing with my Focal Aria 936 K2's. I also have Polk Audio Lsim 703's ,Jbl Studio 503's, Klipsh RP-600M's and Polk Audio Monitor 10A's. I think all the speakers sound good with the amp but my favorite are the Focals but they are also the more expensive ones. The soundstage is realistic and good separation of insteuments and good imaging but I want more lol Thanks again 

@dayglow thats what Ive heard. Another close contender is the Yamaha AS2200. I can get the Yamaha for only $500 more than the Denon. Would you say the Denon is an upgrade from the Arcam SA30? Thanks

@wharfy Thank you for explaining it in that manner.

The Row G Vs Row C comparisson really helps. The Arcam sounds good I just want something more robust and with a more realistic and holographic sound if that makes sense. Also, the Denon looks like a work of art in comparisson to the Arcam and is built to a higher standard from what I see. 

@blackbag20 I've heard great things about Hegel too.

So are tou saying the Denon PMA-A110 is in the same ball park as the Hegel H80?

@loomisjohnson Awesome! Thanks for sharing. A4l is were I plan on buying it too.  Im flad to hear tou liked the Denon. Audioholics gave it a rave review too. Im getting closwr to oulling the trigger in the Denon💯😁

@tedweekend I know its a hard comparisson. That clarifies things for me. So the Arcam is the entry level and the Denon PMA -A110 is on a higher level. Since you had both can you elaborate more on the Denon sound please? How is it better than the Arcam?