Aurender N100 or X100?

I am looking at Aurender because they have built in hard drives and a caching playback.The HDDs vary from 2-10 TB. At this point 2 TB is plenty for me. And it may always be enough. But I'd rather have more room and not need it than not enough room. But it has 2 USB ports so that I can always add a HDD or 2. But what are the disadvantages of the ext HDD as compared to the internal HDD??

The x series has the larger HDD but  is a discontinued model (I believe) So is the technology still up to date? Will I be fine with the less expensive N series and an ext HDD?

What other quirks can I expect with the aurender?

128x128artemus_5

Showing 1 response by achipo

I have an old Aurender S10, so can't comment on your specific question on N100 vs X100, but I find the iPad proprietary app very convenient to use.  The iPhone app is a bit quirky and seems to need to be deleted and reloaded occasionally, but otherwise works ok.  I do wish I had more HDD space than 2TB.  Practically 2TB is enough--I probably only use 1.2TB with any regularity, but I have 8TB of music that I have to put on and take off because the Aurender drive isn't big enough.  I had a bit of a challenge integrating the Aurender reliably on my network so I can move files from the remote HDDs to the Aurender from my PC, but that has more to do with my incompetence I think than limitations with Aurender's USB interface.