Aurender vs. Roon

I would greatly appreciiate any input on something I was told yesterday by a learned audiophile. A) that aurenders conductor app is inferior to roon. That is probably a given. However, I thought Roon will interact with the conductor app. so if that is the case then you can have the best of both worlds.  Also, Roon has better audio quality the Aurender? Aside from that, is the landscape moving toward Roon? Reason I ask is I have been looking at Aurender streamers to purchase and there seems to be more and more of them for sale on Audiogon and US Audio Mart etc. Is it possible Roon Ready devices are going to be the newest frontier so why bother with Aurender if they are not going to support it? Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions.
mrdon
When you get to W20 or Innous Statement level, you don’t worry about couple of grand here or there.

I am sure if I reach out to you for Innous Statement 1TB version, you wouldn’t shy away from upselling the 2TB or 4TB version.

There is no other streamer like W20, IMHO. Since you have no vested interest in Aurender, I am going to take your over the top claims about Innous with grain of salt.
Lalik, your love of the Arender is commendable, IMHO there is no other server like the N10.

They are all like the N10 a Lumin is like the N10, proprietary technology its own app, except that it doens’t have storage, the Auralic is like the N10 custom app, propreitary technology internal storage.

All of these servers do the same task yes they sound different and some like the Innous use Roon while other like Antipodes also can run Roon and the Baetis can run Jriver or Roon but they are all the same high end, high performance digital transports.

They all differ in terms of execuation and of course sound quality.

We champion in the Innous not because it is in our vested interest alone,  it the press at general who are saying the Innous Statement is breaking new ground in the ability to present a dac with the best possible signal and it is a game changing product.

Please read the reviews so far everyone who has experienced an Innous product has been bowled over by it:

Current Statement reviews:

Ear: http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/innuos-statement-network-audio-server

The longer you let the Statement settle in the better it sounds, it’s like a Naim component in this respect, and by the end of the server’s far too short (month long) tenure I was getting seriously addicted to it. Whether streaming Ryley Walker on Tidal or Bugge Wesseltoft from the drive it has a beguiling transparency and openness that is dangerous to get used to, especially as it has inevitably to go back. The Statement is a more subtle source than most, its qualities are those of omission, it leaves out the distortion so that the music can come through. In this and all other respects this Innuos is a genuine state of the art component, put it on your ‘must hear’ bucket list straight away.

From Hfi Plus Digital Product of the Year 2018

Server of the Year: Innuos Statement

We’ve had little more than a few quick plays with the Innuos Statement because they are proving so popular that they are in very short supply (every one allocated to us ends up being sold to reduce the backlog of sales), but even the briefest of exposure to the ZENith Statement shows you are in the presence of something special.

The full media server uses Innuos’ basic concepts that hold right down to the latest version of the half-sized ZEN, including separate linear power supplies, careful case construction to isolate key subsystems, and a custom OS designed specifically for media replay. However, it takes those concepts to their logical extremes, with separate boxes with clever chambered internal housings to keep everything fully isolated from other parts of the Statement.

The ‘killer app’ though is just what these things do to the sound of the Statement, compared to almost any other server (including Innuos’ own). The company does a short demonstration at shows, comparing the ‘it can’t get better than this’ limited edition ZENith SE Mk II to the Statement. Those who can afford it, buy a Statement, and those who can’t start planning their own version of Breaking Badjust to rustle up the money to own one.

The review is coming, so you better start saving!

Full Review Hifi Plus https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/innuos-statement-music-server/

The Innuos Statement takes what the company did with the SE and goes considerably further in the quest to unearth maximum musical brilliance in any recording. I suspect that the more I use it the more I’ll hear, especially if paired with better conversion, amplification, and transduction.

I am confident in saying that it has few – if any – peers in the network server field, which means that it is one of if not the best digital source you can buy today.

John Darko: on the older SE pre Statement piece:

Streamers and servers:

Premier League

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

again from Darko
https://darko.audio/2019/02/a-short-film-about-the-innuos-zen-mk3/?fbclid=IwAR0erU_SoPq_QORo2Sct0wD4...

Lalik it is not us being just Innous fans it seems that most of the reviewers who experience the Innous prouducts are raving over them as well.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Innous dealers

Fza your post seems rather malicious, this video has been proven to be bunk  and has been discussed before. The video has also been discredited as a smear campaign by a guy who discredits much of the industry, The same guy who rails against profit and over charge, sells is own line of very expensive cables which cost very little to make, yet are priced at many times the cost of his materials, where is the integrity in that?

Back to your video points to consider:

One:  looking at a products guts on line does not verify the sound quality of the piece.

Two: OCD facts are wrong, the MK III units all use a custom mother board, custom power supplies, proprietary software, their own very high quality USB board with very low jitter in the Statement, ethernet incomming and outgoing filters depending on models, custom cases and footers.

Three: OCD guy never brought a unit to test his comments that he can home brew a comparable unit for less is like postulating my souped up home built Honda racer will smoke a 2019 Porsche 911 Turbo, and even it it did it wouldnt mean that the home built car is reliable, resellable, servicable, and in said example perhaps when you factor in time and parts build the savings on home built unit may not equal much.

Four: The Innous products are some of the highest rated digital streaming products on the market and have been heralded in every review as being great sounding, reilable, products that have been advancing the catagory of digital streamers since they came out and each successive generation is a noticable improvement over the last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlCG2fK-abo

Lets see what Mr. Darko a respected reviewer of all things digtial says.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Innous dealers
So, question is, was the video accurate in determining the cost ($600-$700.00) of the innards and or production of unit?